Some Recommended Resources for Parenting Tweens and Teens
HealthyChildren.org– “Powered by pediatricians, trusted by parents”
About: “HealthyChildren.orgis the only parenting website backed by 67 ,000 pediatricians committed to the attainment of optimal physical, mental, and social health and well-being for all infants, children, adolescents, and young adults.”
Aha Parenting– “Aha! Parenting supports you to create a more peaceful home — and happy, responsible, considerate kids!”
About: “Are you looking for that Aha! Moment to transform your child’s behavior, or maybe your own? Whether you’re wondering how to handle a specific challenge, just figuring out your child-raising approach, or ready to tear your hair out, you’ve come to the right place.”
*Parent Samurai – “Parenting teens with confidence, compassion and steely resolve.”
About: “Parent Samurai have adapted these values through the lens of Bushido to guide us through the teen years with confidence, compassion and steely resolve.” www.ParentSamurai.com
We experience these 8 principles as timeless and universal to raising teens:
- Justice – An inner compass detecting the difference between right and wrong
- Courage – Showing up every day, even in difficult circumstances
- Compassion – Acceptance of self and others
- Respect – Valuing others and self
- Honesty & Integrity – Honoring authenticity in ourselves and others
- Honor – Recognition and appreciation
- Loyalty – Unconditional love; steadfast fidelity to your family
- Character & Self Control – the cornerstone and biggest challenge of raising teens
Grown and Flown – …because parenting never ends.
About: Blog Grown and Flown looks at parenting teens and young adults through the middle school, high school and college years.
* I am a co-author of Parent Samurai in which I share experience based on parenting my own two teens and over 20 years of teaching at the elementary, middle and college levels.